System Specialist (m/f/d) Virtualisation / Cloud Computing
UniCredit Services S.C.p.A. Branch Germany is a legal entity of UniCredit. It provides services in the areas of information and communications technology (ICT), back office and middle office, real estate management, security management and procurement. UniCredit Services ensures that the requirements of the bank and requests from external customers are attended to quickly and effectively.
Our team “Hardware & Systems”, which is located in Munich and Warsaw, is responsible for server hardware as well as for the operating system above. Our portfolio also includes managing Front-, Mid- and Backoffice services and systems for our customers, which are mainly Application Managers and Business Users. We use as technical basis hardware from various vendors e.g. DELL, HP, Lenovo, etc.pp, operating systems from SUN Solaris, RedHat Linux, Windows Server and virtual environments like OVM, RHEV, VMWare, Citrix etc.pp.
One of the team’s main focuses is on platform planning, project work and 3rd-Level-Support, while basic RUN operations will be done from a dedicated Infrastructure Support team in Warsaw.
What we offer is a position in our Windows & Cloud Virtualization Team. The candidate should be a senior specialist for Cloud computing / virtualization and should have a good knowledge of the following topics:
Das erwartet Sie bei uns
- The expert is responsible, as product manager, for our group wide account mangement of our VMWare products and the first contact for our business partners like VMWare Account Management Team. He needs to be in close contact to Procurement, Licence Management, Security and Architecture teams of Unicredit Services which are mainly based in Italy
- The expert is responsible for architectural design, capacity planning, 3rd level support, installation/configuration, provisioning of published applications and maintenance (version upgrades) of system software and related infrastructure. The candidate ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and standards. Also to keep the infrastructure up to date (patches, upgrades, software lifecycle);
- Assist project teams with infrastructure issues and provide Tier III / other support per request from various technical areas. Investigate and troubleshoot issues and open cases when ever needed to involve our business partners e.g. VMWare, Citrix Global Support etc.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards;
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration and support tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale. Close collaboration with the Infra Operations Team (Warsaw);
- Perform daily system and capacity monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs;• Prepare OS patches and upgrades (DEV, IT, QA, PROD) on a regular basis;
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required;
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices;
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical;• National and international travel occasionally
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with short notice in advance