- Your responsibility as Ontologist within the Product Management department is the design, creation and curation of high-quality domain specific ontologies optimized for real-world use cases in semantic search applications
- You identify public ontologies that can be used as modules within larger domain-specific ontologies
- You maintain a repository of reusable, normalized ontology “modules” to speed up overall ontology development
- You extend ontologies with real-world synonyms to be used as vocabulary in text mining applications
- You curate existing ontologies to reduce the overall redundancy of concepts and assure the overall quality of our main ontologies
- You identify and develop benchmarks and metrics to assess the quality and performance of an ontology for specific use cases
- You collaborate with scientists to align with the scientific objectives of the Product management department
- You ensure the delivery of relevant informatics solutions to meet the scientific goals and communicate learnings across the organization
Your Background and Skills
- You have a bachelor’s degree with 5+ years relevant experience or master’s/PhD degree with 3+ years relevant or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Biology, or related fields.
- You have a thorough understanding of scientific life science data and relevant databases.
- You should have experience in biocuration
- You should have a deep understanding of semantic modeling principles.
- You should be able to work with network graphs and know the distinction between labeled directional and non-directional graphs (both acyclic and cyclic).
- A high level of experience using Protégé software is a must
- You should have experience using Git as version control software
- You love words and concepts.
- You can work with RDF, RDFS, OWL and SPARQL
- You should be proficient with both relational and NoSQL databases, and should have a good understanding of the differences between them.
- You can work to deadlines
- You have excellent people and communication skills
- You have fluent English language skills, German is a plus
Bitte beziehe Dich bei Deiner Bewerbung auf MünchenerJOBS.de